Wednesday 23 January 2013

Dream Beach huts 2 days

Woke up feeling so much better today.  I got up and went for a lovely walk around to the next bay which I later discovered was Sandy Bay where we ended up having a few meals at the lovely Beach Cafe.  Headed back for breakfast and was joined by my daughter and friend.  My nephew did not appear until much later as he had trouble sleeping and was swimming laps at 3.00am!  We had a swim in the beautiful infinity pool and lay on the lounges reading after breakfast.  The staff here are lovely.  Breakfast was basic but adequate.  No cappuccino which always disappoints me as I find it impossible to drink the Bali coffee or tea and as a coffee drinker end up with a headache by lunch time if I haven't had my coffee.  Had my first massage for 150,000 quite pricey compared to Bali. 

 We decided to hire some scooters so we got two and nephew thought he would give it a go and see if he could ride.  He has never ridden before and didn't do too well on his first effort so he and I decided he would not hire his own.  He would be on the back with my friend.  Daughter on the back with me.  

Off we went to have a look around the island.  First stop was the Beach Club at Sandy Bay for lunch.  Discovered the food here is extremely good.  




Lunch at Beach Club - I had Frajitas with guacamoli and sour cream and sizzling vegetables - delicious oh and a small bintang off course. :)


The pool at Beach Club. 


View of Dream Beach from the top floor of the restaurant where we had our cocktails.

I love riding in Nusa Lembongan, there is very little traffic, yes some of the roads are very rough but its so much fun and so much beauty everywhere, its exhilerating!  We rode over the yellow suspension bridge to Cenginin Island and found Blue Lagoon and the famous jumping spot.  We did not jump as it was quite rough and didn't look at all safe.  Awesome views!  

Back to the Beach Club for a drink and swim in their pool then back to Dream Beach in time for cocktails.  What a life!  Back top Beach Club for dinner - yes we really liked that place!  Dylan (nephew) has had another practice on the scooter and is now ready to hire his own. Tomorrow unfortunately we are moving on to Pondok Baruna Hotel as I only booked 2 nights here as it was more pricey than my budget allowed to stay here for our 5 nights we were spending on Lembongan.  

The next day we checked out at lunch time after spending the morning walking, swimming and laying around the pool.  Dream Beach Huts drove us down to Pondok Baruna which is down in the area called Jungutbatu.  I thought it was beach front but we discover it is not directly on the beach but up a track not too far.  However Doreen's room which is a fan only room is on the beach front and our rooms are up the track away from hers.  Pondok Baruna is only a small hotel with maybe 7 rooms all around a small pool.  Our rooms were very small but nice, air con worked well, nice clean bathroom, thick curtains on the glass doors, but we all looked at the pool and thought "yuck" it looked very murky.  We asked the staff about it and they were very evasive saying we clean, it will be ok tomorrow, and its ok to swim.  We did not want to risk it though being pool owners ourselves we did not like the look of the water.  It was a very hot day and Doreen decided her beachfront room with a fan was just too hot with direct sun on it so she decided to find another hotel on the beach front.  She checked herself into Scooby Doo.  We all hired bikes from the hotel for 50,000 per day and after lunch we rode off to explore this side of the island.

  

I decided to do a yoga class the next morning at 9.00am in the cutest "Yoga Shack" which was on the same track as our hotel. The class was a Vinyasa Flow class and in the heat I found it quite intense.  80,000 for a drop in class.  I have been doing yoga again in Australia for about 8 months after a 25 year break.  We went down to Nusa Indah Bungalows on the beach front to use their pool and wifi and over lunch we all decided to move hotels.  I have actually never done this before but as we hadn't paid yet at Pondok Baruna and we weren't able to use the pool and I really wanted to be on the beach decided to do it. We went back and told them and the poor guy looked so sad I felt terrible.  Doreen moved also from Scooby Doo so we would all be together.  My daughter Abby arrived from Bali and we all settled in to Nusa Indah.  Yes I now have my own room as the girls are sharing.  Lovely my own clean and tidy space!  




We rode once again to Cenginin Island to show the sights to Abby who had just arrived.  I went to the 4pm restorative yoga class which was quite hard with lots of stretches which we held for up to 5 minutes each.  Another lovely day on the island was had by all.  The girls and Dylan went out riding in the evening for a couple of hours.  Its a lovely safe island and they enjoyed a bit of freedom.  

My breakfast the next morning after a long walk along the beach front up to Coconut Bay and back was probably the worst scrambled eggs I have tasted....sorry Nusa Indah but last time I have breakfast here.  That day we hired two stand up paddle boards - Abby who now speaks Bahasa quite well bargained and got them two for 150,000 for one hour.  None of us have tried this before so it was lots of fun.  I had a massage at Enys Spa while the girls went back to Dream Beach for a swim. In the afternoon we went up to Mangrove Point and went out snorkelling for an hour.  50,000 each we thought it was a bargain saw lots of lovely colourful fish.  



We did all manage to stand up briefly.


The floating pontoon at Mangrove Point where we stopped for a drink before going snorkelling.  



Oh what a life!


Tonight we went to Ketuts Thai Warung for dinner.  He was one of only four warungs back in 1990. The serves were very large and very cheap, also tasty.  Ketut also does traditional massage and healing and is quite a character entertaining us over dinner with his magic tricks.  

The next morning sadly its our last day so we pack up two of our rooms and move our bags into the girls room.  I went to another yoga class and met everyone for breakfast as the Deck Cafe at Coconut Bay.  Very nice food a little pricey but worth it.  Spectacular view over the bay.  Rockys then picked us up and we  caught the boat back to Sanur.  We were then transferred to Sanur Beach Villas for our next 4 nights stay.  




No comments:

Post a Comment