Wednesday 23 January 2013

Sanur

We did hire stand up paddle boards and go snorkelling in Nusa Lembongan on our last day there.  It was such a nice stay on the island we did not want to leave.  We had thought 5 nights would be more than enough but we did not feel ready to leave.

ON TO SANUR
The beautiful entry way to Sanur Beach Villas

I have stayed in Sanur before and also have stayed at Sanur Beach Villas run by Ron and Irma.  Lovely little place in a great location even though it is not beach front it is very close to the beach and Ron cannot do enough for you.  The prices are ridiculously cheap.  We booked the two bedroom villa for myself and the kids and Doreen booked a room to herself.  The villa was very comfortable and had everything we could need.  We had an extra bed put into the lounge area for Dylan and the girls had a bed each in bedroom 2 and I was in bedroom 1.  Lots of cupboards for our clothes.  Kitchen, aircon in bedrooms, outside bathroom which I love and a lovely big verandah with a pool lounger and a table and chairs.

Verandah of the 2 bedroom villa.


Pool with tables and chairs to sit around having a bintang from the red esky or for breakfast.

Lounge area



Bedroom 2


Main bedroom

Cupboards in bedroom 1 - there was also a dressing table with drawers and bedside tables.


The extra bed put in for us behind the lounge.  The door leads to the bathroom so poor Dylan did get disturbed by us all whenever we used the bathroom.  Also there is no air con in the lounge area just a fan so I did feel sorry for him there. 


The kitchen area with fridge.  We did not cook for ourselves but you certainly could if you were staying longer.


Outside bathroom and shower.

Lounge area with tv and dvd player.


Verandah area 

Our days in Sanur went fast too of course.  We enjoyed riding push bikes one day along the beach path.  Doreen and I did a cooking class with Irma.  Fantastic experience.  She took us to the markets to buy the ingredients.  Loved the markets.  





We had some of these given to us to taste and they were delicious.  There was banana, tofu and sweet potato fritters.  





I was very proud of my assembling of ikan pepes.


This is the chicken curry the most delicious curry I have ever tasted!!  I have made it since I got home and was disappointed that it did not taste the same.  I will try again and add more of the spices.  We made spring rolls, chicken curry, beef rendang, black soup, ikan pepes, bubur sumsum. It was a very hands on class and lots of fun.

I also did some yoga classes at the Now Oasis yoga shack at the Mercure hotel on the beach front.  Was a great experience and a lovely facility.






Spent an afternoon laying here and swimming.  The beach was very shallow but very refreshing.  Did lots of reading while we were here.


Sanur is a great area for riding a push bike.  The traffic is not too bad and there is a bike lane on the left side of the road.  Its a great way to get to see all the shops and restaurants.  We shopped at the markets but mainly in Tootsies as the others are just too pushy.  We did persevere a few times and got some bargains but it is such hard work! My daughter Abby taught me the numbers in Indonesian one night.  I had learnt them previously but had forgotten some and get them mixed up.  She taught me rote style for about 2 hours and she was very bossy as a teacher as she had just spent 6 weeks in Ubud teaching english to the students and I was not a very good student but I must say the next morning I got up and recited them perfectly much to my surprise!!!  


Sign at the Yoga shack - there are several hammocks to relax in.  Love it!

My hubby arrived on Christmas eve around 11.00am.  His flight at 1.00am had been cancelled and he had slept at Perth airport.  I met him at the airport in a taxi while the others went on to Doreen's villa in Umulas where we are going to spend Christmas and the next 6 nights.  Goodby Sanur once again.  

Waiting at the airport with all the drivers hahaha...hubby got a surprise to see me as I had said I would send a driver for him and meet him at the villa.


1 comment:

  1. Nice photography and information of villa, Sanur is one of the best place for relax and enjoy. Thanks for sharing with us.
    Villas of Sanur

    ReplyDelete